Corporate Finance: The Foundations of Modern Finance
Financial markets, Risk, Bubbles, Mergers and Acquisitions, Options, Leveraged Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers, and More.
- Get Lifetime Access to this course
- High Quality Recorded Lectures
- Learn Online from Mobile/PC/Tablet
- Assignments & Projects
- Online iLab Access
- Certificate of Completion
- Download for offline viewing
- Free Instructor Support
- Access valid for 1 user only
- Cancel Anytime
From the best selling instructor comes a brand new course: Corporate Finance In a Nutshell: The Foundations of Modern Finance.
This course is a non-fiction narrative, taking you on a journey to where finance came from. It describes how financial theories were developed, how ideological and government experiments shaped economies, and the rise and fall of financial markets. It discusses influential thinkers who shaped society, crazy scams that worked (for a while), and demystifies financial concepts into simple ideas everyone can understand.
You'll learn what drives and creates markets, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and hostile takeovers, and the 2008 U.S. financial housing collapse. We'll walk through the rise and fall of financial markets, financial theory and the crazy true story of modern economics.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to talk fluently about key financial concepts, unpack financial stories in the news, and recognize financial ideas as they show up in everyday life.
- No prior preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
- Anyone interested in learning about the history of finance and why modern day economics developed the way it did
- Those curious to learn about the fascinating ways people made and lost a lot of money
- Anyone interested in Finance, Economics, or Financial Theory